Spring is just around the corner and those long, warmer days are perfect for outdoor entertaining. However, your outdoor area might need a little TLC before inviting anyone around for a showcase.
We’ve put together a few tips to inspire you for garden parties, family barbecues and dinner parties under fairy lights.
Spruce Up Your Outdoor Furniture
The first place to start is a solution of soapy water and a brush to wash and scrub away any built up dirt and mould. Now it’s time to step back and assess the next step…
Are the cushions on your outdoor furniture looking weathered?
- Try cleaning with a mix of 75% bleach alternative and 25% water to remove mould
- Freshen them up with a coat of fabric spray paint
- Recover them with new covers and fabric that reflects the current trend
Is rust eating away at your metal furniture?
- Use metal sandpaper to breakdown the rust build-up, then coat with a fresh (and hardy) glossy paint. Don’t forget to start with a coat of sealant.
- Splotchy white marks on metal furniture is actually a sign of oxidisation, which can be cleaned with a wash of Oxiclean
Is your timber furniture looking tired?
- Try a coat of timber oil, or varnish. You can use a clear varnish or add a deeper tint
- Add a splash of colour with a glossy outdoor paint, but be sure to lightly wash and sandpaper the furniture before painting.
Embrace Spring in the Details
Cook to the Season
Spring is abundant with bright fruits and vegetables such as avocados, watermelon, mandarins, custard apples, artichokes, asparagus, snow peas, sugar snap peas, zucchini and broad beans.
Plan some light and colourful salads that embrace the produce in its glorious fresh state. Finish with creamy cheeses such a Brie, or Persian Feta – we recommend Woombye Cheese.