- 200g canned corn kernels, drained
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 225g self-raising flour, sifted
- tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150ml buttermilk
- 80g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Heat the oven to 190C. Scatter the drained corn on an oven tray lined with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Lightly oil six holes of a large muffin tin (and around the top, too) and line the sides of each mould with a slice of prosciutto.
- Mix the flour, paprika, cumin, sugar and sea salt in one bowl. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a second bowl, then add the parsley and all but one tablespoon of the corn, mixing well.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the flour mixture and combine very lightly with a fork until thick and clumpy — do not overmix.
- Divide the mixture between muffin holes, filling right to the top, and scatter with remaining corn kernels and grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Serve warm (best eaten same day).
Recipe by Jill Dupleix