Here’s a little Christmas cooking inspiration – Chrissamisu created by Adam Liaw from Good Food
Part-tiramisu and part-trifle, this simple, no-bake Christmas dessert is absolutely foolproof. The best bit? You can make it ahead and pull it out of the fridge when the family is ready for ‘afters’.
6 eggs, separated
1 cup castor sugar
300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
1 cup orange juice
½ cup mixed glacé fruits, to serve
½ cup shaved dark chocolate, to serve Macerated cherries
1½ cups pitted and halved cherries
¼ cup castor sugar
½ cup water
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until pale and doubled in size. Add mascarpone and cream and combine.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold through the cream mixture.
- Remove the crusts from panettone and cut into 5mm slices. Place on a tray and scatter liberally with orange juice.
- For the macerated cherries, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool to room
- temperature and then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread a little of the cream mixture over the base of a deep serving dish or trifle mould. Add a layer of the panettone and then another layer of the cream.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used, ensuring a cream layer is on top.
- Smooth the top, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least three hours until ready to serve.
To serve: scatter the top of the Chrissamisu with macerated cherries, glacé fruits and chocolate shavings.