- 3/4 cup (190g) farro or freekeh
- 1/2 cup (100g) quinoa (we used black quinoa)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 500g haloumi, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 bunch each mint and coriander, leaves picked
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 150g seedless black grapes
- 1/3 cup (55g) pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbs pomegranate molasses
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add farro and cook for 15 minutes, then add quinoa and cook for a further 20 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold water and drain
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook haloumi, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Finely chop half the herbs and combine with grains, chickpeas, grapes and pistachios.
- Combine dressing ingredients, season and toss through salad. Serve salad topped with haloumi and remaining herbs.